Friday, September 30, 2011

Days leading up to Paradise's arrival

June 24, 2010:
- I remember going to buy a second pregnancy test. I had already taken a Answers Pregnancy Test, which of course was positive. This time I went to the dollar store. I wasn't going to pay another $10-15 for another test. Well I bought the test and took it, of course that was positive too. I text all 3 of my best friends at the time (Natalie, Gloria, and Brittany). I was so scared to let my mom know. But the more I thought about telling her, the more my stomach knotted up. I decided to tell her since my granny was around. I knew my mom wouldn't get too upset with granny around. So I went into the kitchen and just kind of blurted out that I may be pregnant. My mom then asked if I took a pregnancy test. I told her I did and that it had been positive. She told me that we were going to go to the help department in the morning.

                                                                                    June 25, 2010
- I walked into the health department, boy was it odd. Odd because this was my moms old job. While her ex co-worker talked about her daughter leaving for college, I was taking a pregnancy test. Before I knew it the results were in! I was pregnant. I was 6 weeks and 3 days. They told me my estimated due date was 02/16/2011. After I left out, I had to break it to my mom who was in the waiting room. When I told her she cried. I was nervous but extremely happy, I had always wanted a baby.




- Months flew passed and my baby was healthy. I was taking my vitamins. I never had any morning sickness. I didn't even feel pregnant at the time.
- I was so excited because I had started working and saving my money. I knew once I found out the sex of my baby, that he/she would be super spoiled.

                                                                           September 18, 2010
- I was 4 months at the time. I was scheduled for a sonogram at the hospital to find out my baby's sex and to look at it's anatomy. My mom and my boyfriend had gone with me, but I had so many people who wanted the 411 as soon as my appointment was over. I remember being frustrated because I had to pee but I couldn't because they needed me to have a full bladder during the appointment. When they called me back I was excited. The tech showed me my baby's eyes, ears, mouth, nose, feet, fingers, spine, heart, etc. - everything was normal! I was thankful for my baby to be healthy whether boy or girl. But before I knew it, the tech asked, "So who wanted to know the sex of  the baby?" My mom, boyfriend, and I all answered that we wanted to know. He asked if we had any guessing. Again all three of us said its definitely a boy. And I will never forget the moment he told us all that we were wrong. IT WAS A GIRL! I was so excited! I had been the one wanting a girl.

- Over the next couple months I quit my job. I then started to try and get my room together. My baby-girl had more things then I did. She was taking over my room. I began to think of names... when Paradise popped in my head. Once i thought of Paradise, something told me that if would fit my daughter.

                                                                                   January 8, 2011
- My baby shower was today. I was excited. Paradise was even excited, because boy was she kicking! My aunt and I had done so much to get it organized. I thank my aunt for organizing everything. I was happy a lot of friends showed up. I got many gifts and I loved them all. I still thank everyone til this day for showing up! I also thank my mom, she made sure there was plenty food for the guest.





February 6, 2011
- This was the day of the Superbowl  XLV. I worked all day trying to get organized before Paradise came home. I wanted everything to be as good as it would get. Later on that night, I went out with my best friends Gloria, Natalie, And Hennessey one last time before I became a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment